Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Perl 5.12 complains about ecpg parser-hacking scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> writes:
> Is there anyway to make bison/yacc/gcc/etc spit out the rule names?

bison -v produces a debug output file that includes nicely cleaned-up
versions of all the rules.  But it includes a lot of other stuff too,
and I'm not at all sure that the file format is stable across bison
versions, so maybe depending on that isn't a hot idea.

> I'm not sure rule name is the proper words.  In gram.y we have:

"Production" is the standard technical name, but on the other hand the
bison documentation seems to consistently use the word "rule", so
there's probably nothing wrong with doing so here too.