Re: pg_dump large-file support > 16GB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump large-file support > 16GB
Date
List pgsql-general
Rafael Martinez Guerrero <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no> writes:
> We are trying to dump a 30GB+ database using pg_dump with the --file
> option. In the beginning everything works fine, pg_dump runs and we get
> a dumpfile. But when this file becomes 16GB it disappears from the
> filesystem,

FWIW, I tried and failed to duplicate this problem on a Fedora Core 3
machine using an ext3 filesystem.  I set up a dummy database that would
produce an approximately 18GB text dump and did
    pg_dump big --file spare/big.dump
Seemed to work fine.

            regards, tom lane