Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera kirjutas K, 12.03.2003 kell 17:10:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 03:02:23PM -0000, Dave Page wrote:
>
> > > This may be problematic in the future if we change attrelid, attnum.
> >
> > I suggested using names to Tom for this reason, but he preferred to use
> > attrelid/attnum.
>
> Oh, and what happenned to the attlognum idea?  If something that needs
> it is going to be implemented the column should probably be added now
> and used instead of attnum.

I guess that attlognum is _not_ needed here. The only need for attlognum
would be for automatic column ordering when doing "select * " and
"\d table", for all other purposes attnum is much more reliable.

Hannu