Re: Compiling postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Compiling postgresql
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 16:02, Delao, Darryl W wrote:
> Yes, 512 concurrent connections.  I have the db running on a dual xeon 2.4
> ghz machine with 6 gig of ram...basically, im not even touching the ram at
> this point.  If I wanted to increase to say 1024, then your saying I need to
> look into the kernel-level limits?

No, I think Tom is saying that you should provide the error message
you're encountering. For more information on configuring kernel-level
shared memory settings, see

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/kernel-resources.html

Cheers,

Neil

P.S. User support should be done on lists like pgsql-general or
pgsql-novice, not pgsql-docs