Re: 7.4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ericson Smith
Subject Re: 7.4?
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 08:18, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> I believe the new vacuum stuff is just to help on btree indexes.  The
> current vacuum doesn't lock the tables, either.
I was actually thinking about a VACUUM FULL. Currently we have not
problems doing a regular VACUUM. That said, will the new vacuum free as
much space like the current vacuum full, without the handicap of table
locking?

> It sounds like either your free space map is not set correctly, or
> you have ever-growing indexes.  Reindexing would be enough for this
> problem.  There are still some 24/7-operation problems with having to
> reindex.

We will definitely try the reindex as suggested.

--
Ericson Smith <eric@did-it.com>