Re: BUG #13618: terminated by exception 0xC0000005 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13618: terminated by exception 0xC0000005
Date
List pgsql-bugs
eelke@bolt.nl writes:
> Using the installer provided by enterprise DB for the 64-bits version of
> 9.5alpha2 the server crashing when the script below is run doesn't matter if
> I connect to a populated database or a newly created empty database. I have
> done my best to remove all code from the original script that isn't needed
> to trigger the error.

I can't reproduce a crash with this script in HEAD or 9.5 branch tip.
I think that it is hitting the bug I fixed in commit 1f6a7eba466d0cb3.
But there is one thing I'm not too sure about: the fact that the whole
script shows up as one statement in your log says that you're not feeding
it to psql in the usual way.  So maybe there's some aspect of that angle
that provokes an otherwise-unseen crash.  Could you confirm exactly what
you're doing to execute the script?

            regards, tom lane