Re: Website troubles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: Website troubles
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 11:16, Rogier van Eeten wrote:

> > > Was it ever resolved exactly what happened to the website last
> > > weekend?
> >
> > Read a little more news my friend!
> >
> > The whole internet was paralysed by a worm trying to bring down all the
> > SQL servers of the earth.
>
> Uhm... wasn't that a mssql-worm. And the patch was out for about half a
> year. So any administrator with a broken mssql wasn't quite good in his
> job. And I sincerely hope that the postgresql mailinglist wasn't running
> from a machine with mssql...

You are right it is a MS-SQL thing but the packets flooding the internet
are just that - packets.

Even my other half asked me why it was taking her so long to connect to
the mail server! Check the traffic reports for the weekend.
theregister.co.uk was timing out on me for most of the weekend - they
run Debian...

Cheers

Tony

--