Re: [HACKERS] Please include hier-patch in next PostgreSQL version - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Please include hier-patch in next PostgreSQL version
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 10:05, Boris Klug wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to say that it would be fantastic when you include the Oracle like
> "CONNECT BY" patch (see gppl.terminal.ru/readme.html) in the next version of
> PostgreSQL.
> It is very usefull for people that have to handle such kind of hierarchical
> data.

Yes, very useful -- but use the SQL 99 syntax for recursive queries and
not the wonky Oracle version.  It's more flexible.

Looking forward to the patch ;)
--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc