Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting our tables to render better in PDF output
Date
List pgsql-docs
Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 6:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Don't have a strong opinion about that, but it'd sure be a lot of new
>> anchors.

> So I can't speak to any scalability issues for adding a bunch of refs,

I did a quick check by adding id tags to all 700-or-so <indexterm>s in
func.sgml (don't get excited, it was a perl one-liner that just added
random id strings).  The runtime difference for building the HTML docs
seems to be under 1%, and negligible for PDF output.  So it looks like
we don't have to worry about scalability of tagging all the functions.

            regards, tom lane