Re: Initial Postgresql password - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Initial Postgresql password
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 17:40, Le Mar Davidson wrote:
> I need help.  I have installed PostgreSQL on my mac osx machine but I don't
> know the password for the PostgreSQL account that was automatically created.
>   I can't change the account's password because I don't the have
> priviledges.  I would appreciate any help I can get.

There must be a root/administrator/superuser mode, right?  What if
you go into root mode & change that "user's" password to something
that *you* want?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |