pg_dump a specific schema - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject pg_dump a specific schema
Date
Re: pg_dump a specific schema
List pgsql-patches
This patch allows pg_dump to dump the contents of a specific schema, and
updates the documentation for pg_dump.

I used the '-n' and '--namespace' command-line arguments. I did some
limited testing and it seems to work fine, but there may be some bugs
lurking in it...

BTW, If the user specifies a non-existent namespace, what should pg_dump
do? ISTM that printing an error message and aborting the dump is
probably best, but presently non-existent namespaces are ignored, since
-t follows a similar policy. Should we change both of these?

Cheers,

Neil

Attachment