Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add new keywords SNAPSHOT and TYPES to the keyword list in gram. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add new keywords SNAPSHOT and TYPES to the keyword list in gram.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Heikki Linnakangas's message of jue feb 09 06:42:12 -0300 2012:
>> src/tools/check_keywords.pl is your friend.

> I wondered a couple of weeks ago if we could, instead, generate the
> lists in gram.y from kwlist.h.

We've looked into that in the past.  bison does not seem to have any
sort of "include" directive, which means the only way to do it would be
to have the gram.y file be built from pieces at compile time.  Although
Michael is successfully doing something of the sort for ecpg, I find it
way too ugly in return for the amount of benefit we'd get.

If people are sufficiently worried about this, a better answer would be
to teach the makefiles to run check_keywords.pl during every build.