Re: Libpq is not a shared library on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Benjamin Reed
Subject Re: Libpq is not a shared library on Mac OS X
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 13:38, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Kenji Sugita writes:
>
> > A libpq library on Mac OS X is made as a loadable library (bundle). Since a
> > shared library version (dylib) of libpq does not exist, all programs which
> > use libpq are always linked with a static version of libpq.
>
> Since only Mac OS X has this stupid dichotomy, no one has bothered to do
> anything about it yet.  Feel free to propose a solution.

I have a fix for it in the Fink packages.  It needs a little reworking,
but basically works.

Give me a few minutes, I'll clean up the patch a bit and pass it on.  Is
it OK to post it here, or is there somewhere better to send it?