Re: get rid of psql welcome message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> So you're arguing to change the default.

> Yes. Which was part of the discussion:

... a rejected part of the discussion, according to Peter's conclusion.

It certainly doesn't make very much sense to do it in combination with
this patch, since if the standard help text is cut to one line who's
going to bother with "terse" mode?  And the "none" mode isn't much of a
feature by itself either; people who want that will most likely want -q
mode even more.

I think we should do one or the other, not both, ie either cut the
help text to one line or implement something like Peter's proposal.