Cant group by non integer - ms access - odbc - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Glenn
Subject Cant group by non integer - ms access - odbc
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi
Not sure if this should go in pgsql-odbc or here, but todays my first
real day on postgres, so I'll start here.

I'm trying an aggregate query with groupby's on text fields. As per
various FAQ's I have text fields NOT mapped to LongVARCHAR in the odbc
dsn - but I get an error when I try an view the query --(cut from
log)--> " message='ERROR:  Non-integer constant in GROUP BY' "

Any clues??
tia
--
Glenn <glenn@pip.com.au>