Re: Version Numbering - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Version Numbering
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 10:03, greg@turnstep.com wrote:
> Version numbering is a red herring. We have much bigger fish to fry,
> such as the lousy website, the bad documentation, and the lack of
> built-in replication.

Exactly! Beside the fact that a lot of people (including much of our
current user base) find marketing-oriented versioning to be annoying,
the key point is that it's really not a good way to spend marketing
time: there are LOTS of more productive things for the advocacy group to
be working on.

Regarding documentation: can you suggest some specific areas for
improvement?

Cheers,

Neil