Re: psql source suggestions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql source suggestions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen" <jtv@xs4all.nl> writes:
> I've been playing around with the source for psql, and as a result I
> did some cleaning up in common.c.  Would anyone be interested in seeing
> patches for that?  The main benefit is some eliminated code duplication,
> plus the removal of some warts like 'continue' and 'break' where they
> weren't needed.

Sure, send it along to pgsql-patches.  Code beautification is a
worthwhile goal that we spend far too little time on.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so there may not be
universal agreement that you made improvements ;-).  But send 'em along
and then we can debate the point.