Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 3/28/22 15:59, Andres Freund wrote:
>> In our context it could make sense to merge meson, after a few months of
>> shakeup remove the current windows buildsystems, and then in release + 1
>> remove the make based stuff.

That sounds like a decent plan.

> I'd like to get a stake in the ground and then start working on
> buildfarm support. Up to now I think it's been a bit too much of a
> moving target. Essentially that would mean an interim option for
> building with meson.

If we can commit meson build infrastructure without removing the
existing infrastructure, then the buildfarm can continue to work,
and we can roll out support for the new way slowly.  It'd be
fairly impractical to expect all buildfarm animals to update
instantly anyhow.