Re: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 22:27, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> > > Oh, I thought it was just the permissions that were the
> > > problem.  Can we give them a sed script?
> >
> > I guess so. It seems to me that upgrading to 7.3 is going to be the
> > stuff of nightmares, so my first thought is to try to avoid getting
> > people to run a 7.3 utility on their 7.x database. It would be nice to
> > see such a script run on old version dump files - but what else will
> > break? Oliver has found a couple of things, and I wouldn't be surprised
> > if my main installation falls over as well. If I get a chance I'll try
> > it tomorrow.
>
> Why can't we do the remapping in the SQL grammar and remove the
> remapping in 7.4?

Surely you will have to leave the remapping in for the benefit of anyone
who jumps from <= 7.2 to >= 7.4

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
========================================   "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet      not I, but Christ
livethin me; and the life which I      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son      of God, who loved me,
andgave himself for me."                                               Galatians 2:20