Re: [7.3-devl] Timezones on RH 7.3 and Null - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gordon Runkle
Subject Re: [7.3-devl] Timezones on RH 7.3 and Null
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 22:24, Joe Conway wrote:
> Well a "real" fix sounded like a lot of work, and no one had the right
> combination of time/desire/knowledge/skill to go implement it. The
> "workaround" fix was discussed in this more recent thread:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-08/msg01233.php
>
> It still isn't clear to me exactly what needs to be done to implement
> the workaround, and since I don't really *need* dates before 1970 for my
> own purposes (presently at least), I haven't tried to figure it out in
> favor of other priorities.

Thanks, that's informative.  I don't really understand the workaround
either...

> But I'm sure a fix would be enthusiastically greeted on the PATCHES list ;-)

Probably not if I hacked away at it...at "Beta - 1"   =:-o

G.
--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."      -- Theodore
Roosevelt