Re: Deadlock situation using foreign keys (reproduceable) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas O'Dowd
Subject Re: Deadlock situation using foreign keys (reproduceable)
Date
Re: Deadlock situation using foreign keys (reproduceable)  (Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for your feedback Stephan. Seems like a tough fix. Pitty it won't
make it into 7.3. I presume there are other folk out there suffering
from the same problems that I'm having. What approaches if any have
people taken to work around this problem? I read in the list that one
user patched his postmaster to explictly ignore the RI "FOR UPDATE" on
tables he knew weren't changing. Can't find the detailed message in the
archives right now, but I read it earlier. Any other work-arounds?

Tom.

--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@nooper.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs