Standard replication interface? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Standard replication interface?
Date
Re: Standard replication interface?  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-hackers
Reading about the pgmonitor thread and mention of gborg made me wonder
about replication and ready ability to uniformly monitor it.  Just as
pg_stat* tables exist to allow for statistic gathering and monitoring in
a uniform fashion, it occurred to me that a predefined set of views
and/or tables for all replication implementations may be worthwhile.
That way, no matter what replication method/tool is being used, as long
as it conforms to the defined replication interfaces, generic monitoring
tools can be used to keep an eye on things.

Think this has any merit?

Greg Copeland