Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Copeland
Subject Re: OOP real life example (was Re: Why is MySQL more
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 00:33, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Don Baccus wrote:
>
> > Give it up.  You're acting like a turkey.  If you aren't, skin yourself
> > a new non-turkey skin.
>
> Since he appears not to be able to avoid abusive ad hominem attacks,
> I'm now sending mail with "dhogaza@pacifier.com" in the From: header
> to /dev/null. If there's a technical point in one of his messages that
> relates to the discussion that I need to answer, someone should please
> mention it on the list or forward it to me.

Curt, I think his reply stems from his frustration of chosen content in
many emails that originate from you.  We all pretty well understand
postgres has a broken feature.  We all understand you see zero value in
it.  We're all actively attempting to determine ways to make it less
broken, if not altogether better.  The fact that it's broken and you
hardly go an email reminding everyone of this fact is certainly not
making friends.  In fact, one should hardly be surprised you're not
seeing more retorts as such.

For the sake of the project, I'd hope you could give the "broken" topic
a rest, move on, and allow a little time for the list to settle again.
If such abuse continues, then IMHO, it would make sense to /dev/null
him.

Greg