Re: Schema-qualified statements in pg_dump output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Schema-qualified statements in pg_dump output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de> writes:
> --On Montag, Juli 07, 2008 10:33:35 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:
>> It seems like quite a useless change, since in general there will be
>> other qualified references in the dump that can't safely be removed.
>> IOW what you intend to do doesn't work anyway.

> Hmm, If i want to restore just a bunch of tables into a different schema,
> all i need to do is to change the dump's search_path then

You apparently aren't getting my point: no, that won't work.  You have
to be prepared to search-and-replace other references to the schema.
The fact that the example you're currently looking at only has such
occurrences in ALTER OWNER commands doesn't mean that that's the only
place it can happen.