Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Date
Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Wasn't the point that 32 bit AIX as a whole hasn't been supported for a
> couple years now? My willingness to expend effort for that is rather
> limited.

Well, there's one in the buildfarm.  We don't generally turn off
buildfarm critters just because the underlying OS is out of support
(the population would be quite a bit lower if we did).

> I mean I'd otherwise ok with a PG_FORCE_DISABLE_INLINE flag that takes
> effect in c.h or so. That could easily be set in src/template/aix. Might
> also be useful for investigatory purposes every couple years or so.

+1, that could have other use-cases.