Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Date
List pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Dave Crooke <dcrooke@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What about InnoDB?

> Depends on what parts of mysql they otherwise use.  There are plenty
> of features that won't work if you're using non-myisam tables, like
> full text search.  I tend to think any full blown (or nearly so) db is
> overkill for mythtv, and the use of something like sqllite or berkely
> db tables is a better fit.

That's apparently also the position of their lead developer; although
considering he's not actually done anything about it for six or more
years, it seems like quite a lame excuse for blocking ports to other
DBs.

            regards, tom lane