Backend=UNICODE,client=WIN-1250 - impossible - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olaf Frączyk
Subject Backend=UNICODE,client=WIN-1250 - impossible
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
In multibyte manual is a table of possible encodings used by postgresql.
But there is also a table o possible recodings, and if I have data
stored as UNICODE, there is not listed WIN-1250 as client encoding.
Is this documentation bug, or is it really impossible. If it is
impossible, when will it be supported?
Or maybe there is another way to get unicode data from postgres to
display on windows correctly?
Now I have data stored as iso-8859-2 but I want to use unicode.

Please CC me.

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk