Re: Copy Comand question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: Copy Comand question
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 18:38, Sharon Cowling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the copy command to create a .csv file, how do I include the table headings, or headings of my choice?
> The purpose of this paticular .csv file is to enable the users to download data from a web page and then report on it
usingMS Excel.  It works fine apart from not having any headings, which the users need as there can be a lot of data in
the.csv file.

It's not possible. COPY is meant to dump raw data from a table.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |