Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Pritchard
Subject Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Indeed - I had a delayed post (sent from the wrong email address) which
mentioned that the cache is obviously at play here. I still find it
amazing that the file system would cache 2gb :) The numbers are
definitely correct though...they are actually the second set.

I'm running a test with a larger file size to remove the cache effects
(having realise that ulimit is the biz). Will post again shortly.

Tom - have you had a change to look at the test prg I wrote? Is it
working as desired?

Cheers,

Mark