Database/table size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Timo Savola
Subject Database/table size
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi. Sorry if this has already been answered or documented.

I lately got into an argument with a colleague about commercial vs. free
databases (how rare).

The question is, can PostgreSQL handle multi-gigabyte tables under
Linux? I skimmed through the PostgreSQL documentation about limitations.
It said "64 TB on all operating systems" and "limited to available disk
space and memory/swap space". So, how large tables can you have in
PostgreSQL on a Linux/Intel box? What about other Unices/architectures?

Timo