Re: Building Perl DBI::pg - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeffrey W. Baker
Subject Re: Building Perl DBI::pg
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 12:15, Peter Darley wrote:
> Friends,
>     I have a question about building Perl DBI::Pg.  I'm currently using 7.1.3,
> but will soon go to 7.2, and I'm not sure if there is going to be any
> difference in the DBIs for the different versions?  I'd like to build with
> the 7.2 and not mess with it later, but if that isn't going to work, I'll
> build for 7.1.3 and switch over later.

I have updated from 7.1.3 to 7.2 without needing to rebuild the DBD::Pg
modules.  Shared libraries are versioned, so any changes that break
binary compatability will not break existing installed software.

You can get updated versions of DBD::Pg from my home directory on CPAN:

http://www.cpan.org/authors/Jeffrey_Baker/

Cheers,
Jeffrey