Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 23:03, Jeff Martin wrote:
> I get the following error when trying to connect to the ODBC source from MS
> Access
>
> ODBC call failed:
> Could not connect to the server.
> Could not connect to the remote socket. (#101)[Microsoft][ODBC Driver
> Manager]Connection not open(#0)
>

> What step am I missing here?  Thanks for any help.

Does pg_hba.conf allow TCP/IP access.  Is the postmaster listening for
TCP/IP connects.

Is there anything in the server's log?

     "I am the vine, ye are the branches; He that abideth in
      me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit;
      for without me ye can do nothing."
                                           John 15:5