Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on Suse 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From GB
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on Suse 7.2
Date
List pgsql-ports
Hi Egon,

I've had the same problems with the rpms on suse. Now I simply get the
sources and do a build of my own. This is actually faster than fiddling
around with the rpms. I had my PostgreSQL 7.1 upgraded to 7.2 in less than
an hour (only a few megs to dump ;-)). And yes, I'm running suse 7.2 too.

hth
GB

"Egon Sommer" <Service@Sommer-Maschinenbau.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a Problem to install (update) PostgreSQL 7.2 on my Suse 7.2 system.
It seems that many files in suse have different places.

> I tried to install it by the rpm files of the postgresql site but RPM
says: You need same files you don't have (dependencies):