Re: database problem.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tony
Subject Re: database problem..
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 16:04, Petre Daniel wrote:
> hey.. i am very new to database and stuff..
> i got this old server,but very important one..
> power outage,it crashed.. and now when i do \d it says no relations
> found..
> it seems that i lost the database..
> and i just found out that no backup have been made
> i only got the core file of around 2 mb..
> any chance to get the db back?

Version of postgres?

Non trivial task, it took me several weeks of proding and coaxing don't
do anything hasty. Make a copy of your data directory on to another
machine. Play with the copy not the original.

If your postgresql version is older than 7.1 then say adieu to your data
now...

Cheers

Tony Grant

--