Re: libpq not reentrant - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: libpq not reentrant
Date
Re: libpq not reentrant  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Il ven, 2002-01-18 alle 21:38, Mario Lorenz ha scritto:

> I originally worked with Federico to get the garbled passwords issue
> resolved which hit us (we use Psycopg, and Zope at work).
>=20
> Federico's suggestion to use the crypt from libssl is incomplete,
[snipped and agreed]

i am about to write a patch for libpq to use des_fcrypt when available.
just a question: is the config.h file autogenerated using autoheader or
handmade? i'll bet on the first, but:

~/tmp/postgresql-7.1.3>autoheader
using: not found
union: not found
long: not found
eval: short */
#undef ALIGNOF_SHORT
"
verbatim=3D"$verbatim
/* The alignment requirement of a : not found
eval: long */
#undef ALIGNOF_LONG
"
verbatim=3D"$verbatim
/* The alignment requirement of a : not found
eval: 208: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
  Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it. Poorly.
                                     -- from Karl M. Hegbloom .signature