Re: Unable to restart postgres - database system was interrupted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unable to restart postgres - database system was interrupted
Date
List pgsql-general
andy rost <Andy.Rost@noaa.gov> writes:
> We stopped postgres using kill -TERM. When we tried to restart the
> engine, it would not recover.

Since you're apparently using archiving, you could pull the missing xlog
files back from the archive no?  Either manually, or automatically by
installing a recovery.conf file.  I am kinda wondering what happened
here though.  Did you do anything to the database between the shutdown
and the attempted restart?  It looks like you have a pg_control file
that is quite a bit older than it should be.

            regards, tom lane