Re: pg_upgrade failing for 200+ million Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failing for 200+ million Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> writes:
> Have we even reached a consensus yet on that doing it the way, my patch
> is proposing, is the right way to go? Like that emitting BLOB TOC
> entries into SECTION_DATA when in binary upgrade mode is a good thing?
> Or that bunching all the SQL statements for creating the blob, changing
> the ACL and COMMENT and SECLABEL all in one multi-statement-query is.

Now you're asking for actual review effort, which is a little hard
to come by towards the tail end of the last CF of a cycle.  I'm
interested in this topic, but I can't justify spending much time
on it right now.