Some architectures need "signed char" declarations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Some architectures need "signed char" declarations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I recently got a Debian bug report about 3 architectures where char is
unsigned by default.  There were 2 locations identified in the code
where a char is compared with a negative value, and should therefore be
declared as a "signed char".  There may be others in 7.2, but I don't
myself have access to a suitable machine for testing.

The locations I am aware of are:
src/backend/libpq/hba.c    GetCharSetByHost(): if (c == EOF)src/backend/utils/init/miscinit.c  SetCharSet(): if (c ==
EOF)

The architectures are Linux on: arm, powerpc and s390.

    "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also;      knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And
patience,experience; and experience, hope; And hope      maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed
abroadin our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given      unto us."              Romans 5:3-5