Re: Tablespace patch review - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Tablespace patch review
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Well, I didn't use tablespaces here so the pg_tablespaces directory is
> empty, so I can't think of what the tablespace is.

You look in the pg_tablespace catalog for the row with that OID.

> Also, are we calling it pg_tablespaces (plural) rather than
> pg_tablespace?

I didn't have any particular opinion about that till just now ...
but now I see that it's a good idea for the pg_tablespaces directory
(the one that holds all the symlinks) to have a different name from the
pg_tablespace catalog, especially since the latter has a couple of rows
that do not correspond to any entries in the former.

I'm not wedded to "pg_tablespaces" as the name in particular, but
it should not be "pg_tablespace", or we'll suffer the same confusion
over and over that you just did.

            regards, tom lane