Re: tuptoaster.c must *not* use SnapshotAny - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tuptoaster.c must *not* use SnapshotAny
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Command Prompt, Inc." <pgsql-hackers@commandprompt.com> writes:
> Josh Drake here: Although I know that development has pretty much ceased
> on the 7.1 series. This bug, is potentially very serious for those who
> have the problem.

Well, based on our experiments last night, recovery is pretty simple:
vacuum the affected table.  So it doesn't qualify as a critical problem
in my eyes, although surely it's a "must fix" for 7.2.

> The last time this came up (that I can find) is in August of 2001, so the
> bug is not frequent that we are aware of. However, as it appears the fix
> is simple should we apply a 7.1.3.1 or 7.1.4 that fixes this issue?

I don't think anyone has the energy to put out a 7.1.4.  We seem to have
enough trouble getting 7.2 out the door.