newer (11+) psqlODBC install on old system - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Joe Gilmour
Subject newer (11+) psqlODBC install on old system
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi all,

I have about  10 very old Windows XP installations using a legacy
application. Everything was working fine until I upgraded Postgresql
server to 12 from 11. This seemed to break the connection on the older
pgsqlODBC 9 drivers that were installed. I can install and connect with
up to pgsqlODBC 10. Later versions (11 or 12) on XP install OK but
cannot connect, giving the error:

The specified driver cannot be loaded because of a system error 126

I would be happy using older pgsqlODBC versions but I need 12 to be more
compatible because I'm getting "c.relhasoids does not exist" errors in
the logs and am getting connection problems with earlier versions.

I've tried installing the Visual C++ runtimes from different versions
but that doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions? Seems like a missing dll.

Thanks,

Joe