Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bill Bartlett
Subject Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump
Date
Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump  (Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
Can't -- the main production database is over at a CoLo site with access
only available via SSH, and tightly-restricted SSH at that. Generally
one of the developers will SSH over to the server, pull out whatever
data is needed into a text file via psql or pg_dump, scp the file(s)
back here and send them to the user.

We're working on implementing a full-blown reporting system to eliminate
some of this need, but it's not quite there yet.

However, CSV is a very handy format to use to send data to other people
(especially "less technical" users), so even in the future the ability
to export to CSV would be handy.

- Bill