Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bill Bartlett
Subject Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here's me speaking up -- I'd definitely use it!   As a quick way to pull
data into Excel to do basic reports or analysis, a CSV format would be
great.  Some of our users currently pull data into Excel for quickie
analysis, but creating fixed-width data via psql requires them to parse
the data and dumping anything via pg_dump with any delimiter (tabs,
etc.) usually doesn't work due to the delimiters being embedded in the
real data.

- Bill