Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Fri, 2020-05-22 at 10:52 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I found that if you use initdb's -A option to set the default
> authentication method, then the passsword_encryption setting is
> automatically adjusted in postgresql.conf.  So this patch probably
> isn't  even necessary.

Right, but then it also sets scram auth for local connections as well
(which we don't want)

That's why I am using --auth-local and --auth-host at the same time.

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment