Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
Subject Re: AWS forcing PG upgrade from v9.6 a disaster
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 2021-05-28 12:08, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
On 5/28/21 2:48 PM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
[Reposted to the proper list]

Have you tried reproducing these results outside RDS, say on an EC2 instance running vanilla PostgreSQL?

cheers, andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

That is step #2 of my backup plan:

  1.  Create an EC2 instance running community v9.6.  Once that is done & running successfully, I'm golden for a long, long time.
  2. If I am curious (& not worn out), take a snapshot of #1 & update it to v13.

-- Dean