Re: Alter table column constraint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Alter table column constraint
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/17/18 12:01 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> I want to alter a term in a column's constraint to allow only specified
>> strings as attributes and have not found how to do this in the docs
>> (using
>> version 10 docs now). There is an alter table command that allows
>> renaming
>> a constraint but I've not seen how to modify the constraint itself.
>
>   Is the procedure to drop the current check constraint then add the
> revised
> one?

Or the other way around but yes.

JD

> Rich

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****