Re: PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or genericplan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or genericplan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/04/17 23:22, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd like some input from other committers whether we want this.  I'm
>> somewhat doubtful, but don't have particularly strong feelings.
>
> I don't really want to expose the workings of the plancache at user level.
> The heuristics it uses certainly need work,

That's an understatement, there are thousands of plpgsql functions in
large installations of PostgreSQL which use EXECUTE everywhere just to
avoid current behavior (and that's just what I've seen).

Services