Re: [GENERAL] Postgres backup solution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgres backup solution
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/14/2017 01:58 PM, Lawrence Cohan wrote:

Cut-and-paste from winmail.dat:

"Let's try this one more time in plain text and please note that I'm
creating the email totally in plain text, and send as plain text.
Unfortunately I have no  control on the mail server if that's where this
message gets mesed up and flipped from plain text to something else.

What would be a recommended solution for backing up a very large
Postgres (~13TeraBytes) database in order to prevent from data
deletion/corruption. Current setup is only to backup/restore to a
standby read-only Postgres server via AWS S3 using wal-e however this
does not offer the comfort of keeping a full backup available in case we
need to restore some deleted or corrupted data.

Thanks,
Lawrence Cohan"

Still not coming through as plain text. You might want to talk to
whoever is in charge of the email server.

> Attention:
> The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressedand may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
useof, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipientis prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
systemand destroy any copies.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com