Re: Screen Overflow problem - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Russell Black
Subject Re: Screen Overflow problem
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Please reply to the entire group so that others may benefit (and help)

> By the way What is \pset pager.

\pset pager is a psql command that toggles whether the output is dumped all
at once or a screen at a time.

> Actually my problem is like this:-
> 1.After I open a bash session the screen appears
> normal.
>
> 2.when I typed psql it is going to the sql prompt.
>   There is no problem until this point.
>
> 3.However when I do query on big table like pg_type
>   the rows till the end of screen appears
> good.(vertically row by row getting displaced)
>
> 4.All rows or any text which is getting overflowed or
>   not able to show in a single screen appears
> horizontally instead of vertically.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  I don't think I've seen this.
When you say overflow do you mean the lines are too long?  (longer than 80
chars?)  or do you mean there are too many lines?