RE: speeding up planning with partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Imai, Yoshikazu
Subject RE: speeding up planning with partitions
Date
Re: speeding up planning with partitions  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit-san,

On Wed, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:25 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> Thank you Imai-san for testing.  Sorry it totally slipped my mind to reply to this email.

Thanks for replying and sorry for my late reply. I've been undertaking on-the-job training last week.

> Are you saying that, when using auto mode, all executions of the query
> starting from 7th are slower than the first 5 executions?  That is, the
> latency of creating and using a custom plan increases *after* a generic
> plan is created and discarded on the 6th execution of the query?  If so,
> that is inexplicable to me.

Yes. And it's also inexplicable to me.

I'll check if this fact is really correct by majoring the time of the
first 5 queries before generic plan is created and the other queries
after generic plan is created.

Yoshikazu Imai